Wednesday, 30 May 2012

Driving, Medical and Jobseeking

I must get photos up here with blog posts again. Went for a driving lesson Monday. The guy said I did well and he made me feel relaxed. He said he reckons he can push me and gear me towards the test. I felt myself tensing up around traffic and people. Stopping and starting is the most difficult. Changing gear is trickier than expected. But all in all it went well. Not bad for a 1st lesson. It's kind of hard to see and be aware of your surroundings when reversing though. Practice makes perfect I suppose.
Went to the doctor yesterday and she gave me antibiotics for a chest infection. Don't know how I could have got it but whatever it was spread from my sinuses. Read the leaflet with the tablets because I always like to know if there are any possible side effects. One potential side effect could be dizziness. I might not take one before my driving lesson tomorrow as a result.
Got a call this morning from a guy who got my number from linkedin. That site works - who knew?! I certainly entertained thoughts of giving it up before. It was so out of the blue (the call) that I feel a bit unprepared if I have to go for an interview. I know what I must do to be prepared. I must do what I said I'd do regarding studying my cnc notes and checking out what companies have and what they do with it. Anyway this guy that called suggested putting myself out there as a private limited contractor, or something like that. But that involves doing my own tax and PRSI. I'm not prepared to do that. The PAYE method suits me fine at the moment. If I had a car and enough experience I'd try the PLC route. But it's not practical for me at the moment. It would also make going back on social welfare between contracts more complicated. That's my thinking anyway. I got a letter from a company in Middleton, Cork that interviewed me. I knew it was bad news once I got a letter. Such a pity. I'll keep trying.
I just used google feedback to suggest fixing it so that bloggers in Ireland can post from mobile phones.
That's all for now. I hope to put photos in posts again in the future.
Post a Comment