Tuesday, 8 May 2012

My niece's Communion

We all had a nice day at my niece's communion. I brought my girlfriend along. She was a bit nervous about meeting the family but after meeting them she said they were all very nice people. We went to the church 1st. Part of the ceremony involves taking up gifts, for those of you non-Catholics reading this. My niece had a part to play in this. Something I did for my communion also. After that it was back to my sister's for tea and cake. It was a nice little bit of a party. There was a day out at Bunratty castle in Co. Clare after that. My girlfriend and I went to see a different castle. My brother took us to Carrigafoyle and Lislaughtin Abbey as part of a tour around the village and parish of Ballylongford for the benefit of my girlfriend. Then his partner gave us a wonderful dinner which we enjoyed in the company of them and their children. Oh! we watched the FA Cup final between Chelsea and Liverpool there as well. My brother and I were supporting Liverpool while my girlfriend wanted Chelsea to win. So she was happiest after the match. I visited my sister again before bed that night. An enjoyable day was had by all.
Post a Comment