Wednesday, 24 October 2012

More Job Applications

I blogged a few days ago about how I decided not to apply for a job recently because the experience required in the job description was quite specific. I saw the same company advertising again today. This time I decided to email my CV. I noticed that a company in Dublin were also advertising. The company in Dublin already have my CV from an agency and have already turned me down. But the fact that the Dublin company are advertising means they will take away potential applicants from the company I applied to today, increasing the chances of them not getting the ideal candidate. If luck was on my side, they would end up having to train someone who is not quite there in terms of experience because of not getting the ideal candidate. It's a long shot, I know, but at least I took the 2nd chance I was given.
When I asked for advice recently on applying for a job that I may not be experienced for I was told to have an excellent cover letter. But as I was writing the email I decided on a different strategy. I didn't give much away so that they would at least have to look at my CV. I once was hired for a job that wasn't advertised because the work came up after I was interviewed and they needed someone straight away. I had the necessary experience for the job they hired me for, not the job I was interviewed for. So if the company that I sent the CV to today see my CV they might keep it on record for future reference. Or a suitable job might come up that they need someone for in a hurry. Hopefully something will come up soon. I'll keep looking and keep applying.
Post a Comment