Tuesday, 10 March 2015

Salmon Fillet with Nectarine Infusion

I had this for dinner today and it was lovely. I didn't have nectarines so I replaced them with lemon. I didn't have an onion so I replaced it with a clove of garlic. I used lemon juice instead of lime juice because, you guessed it, no lime. But it still tasted fantastic. The recipe here is for four so I adjusted the portions to suit one person.
Ingredients:
2 tablespoons minced cilantro (coriander used as a season or garnish)
2 tablespoons minced red onion
2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice 
4 salmon fillets (wild for paleo diet)
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 large nectarine cut into very thin wedges
Method:
Preheat oven to 218 C (425 F).
Combine cilantro, onion and lime juice in a small bowl. Brush skin side of the salmon with 1 tablespoon of the oil.
Place fish, skin side down, on a wire rack. Press nectarine wedges evenly onto salmon flesh and cover thoroughly with lime mixture. Drizzle with the remaining tablespoon of olive oil and bake for fifteen minutes.

Post a Comment