Monday, 29 June 2015

Spinach Sauté Side Salad

A continuation from my previous blog post. This is the side salad in the photo for Chicken Braised with Celery.
Serves 1-2.
Ingredients: A bunch of Spinach (I buy it washed and ready to eat)
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 to 2 garlic cloves, diced (I didn't have garlic so I used roughly a clove-sized portion of ginger root and it still tasted nice)
1 tablespoon fresh basil, minced (basil doesn't agree with me so I tried what I thought would be a nice flavour and used dill)
1 tablespoon cilantro (coriander)
1/2 to 1 red bell pepper thinly sliced (approx. matchstick size if possible)
1 lemon cut in half

Method: Heat oil in a pan over a medium flame. Stir in garlic for 1min. Toss in spinach, basil and cilantro and mix thoroughly for 2min. Remove from heat. Top with pepper slices.
Squeeze half of the lemon over the greens and slice other half and use as garnish.
Post a Comment