Monday, 28 December 2015

Resolutions and Diet

I don't do new years resolutions. Waste of time because nobody in their right mind sticks to them. I do have hopes and plans for the new year though.
One of those plans is to try and tailor a diet that suits my own personal needs. I won't say I'm going to go completely paleo because I know nutritionists and dieticians will go all "Rosanna Davison" on me because paleo is the "latest fad diet". Personally, having trialled it for a while a year ago, I can see the benefits to my energy levels, my body shape and muscle tone and even my sex drive. But there are drawbacks. Especially with high fodmaps in things like onions, avocados, cashews and cabbage and certain other fruit and vegetables. There are also highly acidic foods like tomatoes and red bell peppers. I am sensitive to fodmaps and my own research into diet has suggested that an unbalanced body ph on the acidic side can draw calcium from bones and I was vitamin D deficient in 2014, the very vitamin that helps bones take in calcium. So that is why I won't stick to a specific type of diet. Just tailored food intake to suit my needs. It will take inspiration from paleo however because it consists of very natural food that is easy for the body to draw nutrition from.
The goal of the diet is to gain (yes gain) weight and stay above 70kg if not 72 or 73. Hopefully increasing my energy levels and helping me get to a reasonable fitness level. I want to try and stretch muscles and joints to be more flexible as well. Fitness is the other plan to try and work on for 2016.
But it all comes down to sorting out my finances first. If I can move to a flat closer to the college and where I'm entitled to rent and fuel allowance on top of my back to education allowance it would be a major boost to being a healthier and fitter me in 2016. So that's what I want to make happen. Sort out my financial situation so I can tailor a diet that increases me to a healthier weight, maintain a certain weight range and increase my energy levels to where I can get fit and still have time and energy for college studies.

Post a Comment